Saturday, October 31, 2009

Life after english

The english exam is over. Hmmm...

I wasn't too sure what it would be like after english. For a time I expected it to feel like the greatest euphoria, but that's not really how I feel. I suppose it felt a bit like the end of school; a bit numb and unsure how to react with a bit of happiness. Definitely doesn't have the sadness of leaving school though!

The exam overall wasn't too bad for me; definitely not the best 3 essays I've ever done, although language analysis might have been close. Text response was a good essay marred by a messy ending; context was an ordinary essay also with a messy ending. Whether the exam marker sees it as deep insight or an inarticulate writer is down to luck.

Spec afterwards was fairly straightforward; as Jimmy Zhang exclaimed, 'no graphs!' I realised a mistake afterwards after some discussion with other people though.


I was still kinda buzzing last night, and I don't think the lighning storm helped either. Did anyone else think it seemed unusually massive? The flashes kept lighting up my room; I could see it even with my eyes closed. The regularity of the flashing seemed strange- it didn't have a pattern so couldn't have been some flashing man-made light, but it didn't seem sporadic enough for lightning.

I went outside to try and see what it was. I still don't really know what I was expecting, but the unknown was fascinating. To be honest I even thought it could've been some kind of ufo.

I went outside, but couldn't see anything, and it started raining so off I went back to bed, staring at the cieling as the flashes briefly and suddenly illuminated my room.

This morning I was hoping for something in the paper or in the news about an epic thunderstorm or something last night, but it seems like I was just making a bigger deal of it than it was. Oh well.

Haven't really written in a while so I'm a bit rusty, but it seems a bit like sometimes I've subconciously imitated Tom Loo's style of writing.

Does anyone think that?

No comments:

Post a Comment